Want to learn how to make your own clothes? Join us for our comprehensive beginner course! Learn how to sew while exploring the world of fabric, commercial patterns, alterations, and garment construction. You'll make a skirt fit for YOU and a cute tote bag too!
- how to use the sewing and serging machines
- sewing techniques (pleats, darts, basting, and more!)
- fabric basics (getting your fabric 'on grain', how to select the right fabric for your projects)
- installing an invisible zipper
- how to take proper measurements
- how to work with commercial patterns (and how to pick the pattern that best compliments you!)
- altering your skirt for that custom fit
- tote bag
* Supplies not included.
* There will be fun homework in this course (selecting fabric for your projects, washing it, cutting it out) but this takes time. Please be prepared to do your homework outside of class!
Thursdays, 6:30pm - 9pm (January 16 - March 5)
Tuesdays, 6pm - 9pm (February 18 - March 31)